I have a desire to get my thoughts out there in hopes of learning and also to have the opportunity to teach my children. I have read a few different news articles and also some post that talk about President Barack Obama over the past couple of days. Some of the comments have been right on and others comments really scare me. It amazes me the beliefs some people have when it comes to government and the president Of the United States. I have some Strong beliefs and opinions when it comes to politics, I don't believe that politics and everyday life are or can be separated. I want my children to be able to see how the things going on in our government (national, state and local) have an effect on our daily lives. I think back to when I was a young child and cannot remember caring a whole bunch about what was going on, but I remember knowing that my father voted. I really don't remember hearing my father speak about anything to do with politics. I want my kids to know a little bit more then that. I do have to say I think that my kids are a lot more on the ball then I was at that age, they have asked questions about what is going on with our government and why the president is doing one thing or another, which is a lot more than I ever did. I think I have a responsibility to teach my kids and help them to understand but I don't want to think for them. So I thought I would put my beliefs out there politically speaking for my kids to read and think about and try to find out why I might believe that way. Also, I don't know if everybody really knows how I think or what gets me going politically. I know that some of you do know what I think all to well, even so I don't think I have ever put them down in any kind of list or anything like it So here goes a partial list. By the way this list is not in any particular order, just things that come to mind right now.
1. The government is not there to take care of us.
2. The president of the United States is not a king.
3. The best place to make a change in our world is to change ourselves first.
4. That means we have to take responsibility for our own actions and beliefs. Quit blaming others
5. Our original Constitution and Declaration of Independence was inspired by God. So in my opinion it is scripture.
6. People are smart enough to figure out how to build and maintain roads, government doesn't have to do it.
7. Government should not be in the business of golf, or any other venture.
8. All value is found in people.
9. Money does not solve the problems in schools. So stop stealing my money to fund a failing system.
These are just a few of the beliefs that I have, I hope to be able to expand on some of them or maybe even have some arguments. I can tell you this it frustrates me to see so many people looking to Barach Obama for the answer to all their problems. We are not serfs. We are Sons and Daughters of God and have the ability to think and to create the world in which we will be happiest. Just like the Declaration of Independence says we are given rights by god such as life, liberty and property (our thoughts are property) or the pursuit of happiness. We are not intended to be serfs and I'm offended by people who think we should ask government to bail us out or to take care of any aspect of our lives other than the protection of our God given rights.
2 years ago